Water Damage

In the event of a water loss, professional water removal services may be necessary. Emergency services may require your signed authorization before work can begin. Be sure to read the contract completely, including the fine print.

Some contracts may include language that transfers or assigns your rights as a homeowner directly to the contractor. An Assignment of Benefits (AOB) contract usually contains words such as “I transfer and assign any and all insurance rights, benefits and causes of action under my property insurance policy to the contractor.” See Know Your Rights for more details.

Your adjuster will be able to provide you with contact information for professional water mitigation companies in your area.

Go Back

Have Water Damage?

Report a Claim