What better way to experience the beautiful state of Florida than to get outdoors and try a new activity? There are endless opportunities that await. Set aside some days to give these must-try outdoor activities a go!
- Orlando Tree Trek- Venture out for a challenging obstacle course at Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park! You can expect 2-3 hours of adventure through the Florida tree canopy, ziplining, ladder climbing, rope swinging, and more. There are various levels and courses to suit everyone’s needs from ages 6 and upward. Don’t miss out on the adventure that awaits.
- Devil’s Den Spring Aquatics- Explore this crystal subterranean river- filled with aquatic activities like scuba diving and snorkeling. Lodging is available offering tent & RV camping, and 4 different cabins that sleep 4-6 people. The river is open to the public and is waiting for your arrival!
- Three Sisters Springs Manatee Viewing- If you’ve been looking for a chance to see Florida’s treasured manatees, plan a visit to Three Sisters Springs! Take a boat tour through the springs or kayak out to see hundreds of manatees coasting through the water.
- Highlands Hammock State Park Hiking- Go for a scenic hike or tram tour through this beautiful park. Expect stunning scenery of greens and wildlife across the trails-from oak trees to black bears! The park’s tram tours are a great way to explore the park as a guided experience.
- Wakulla River Paddling Trail- If you’ve never been kayaking before, this 10-mile paddling trail is the perfect place to give it a shot! Bring a friend to enjoy a gentle ride through the waterway where you might see manatees, turtles, fish, alligators, and more wildlife. Kayaks and everything else you’ll need are available for rent. Kayaking in Florida is an experience you won’t forget.
- Daytona Beach Biking- Enjoy a breezy bike ride across Daytona Beach’s 20 miles of sand. Daytona Fun Rentals offers rental bikes every day of the week, so you have endless chances to experience a bike ride on this beautiful beach!
- Santos Trailhead & Campground Mountain Biking- If you’re looking for a more adventurous bike ride, Santos Trailhead is the place to be. Mountain biking is a thrilling experience for all, and Florida has the perfect spot. If your skill level is a concern, there is a range of trails from beginner to expert! Go out for a scenic day or night of mountain biking among 80+ miles of trails!
- Key Largo Dolphin Plus- Venture out to Dolphin’s Plus for an unforgettable experience swimming with Dolphins! Ages 3 and up are welcome to participate and a height of at least 4 feet 6 inches is required to participate without an adult. The experience is fully guided by a dolphin trainer. There’s nothing like swimming with dolphins!
- McCarthy Wildlife Sanctuary- Visit West Palm Beach’s number-one rated attraction! The wildlife sanctuary offers a chance to see over 200 animals and even interact with some. This Sanctuary is unique in the way that you are able to get super close to the animals in comparison to being at a zoo or safari ride. Calling all animal lovers!
- Everglades National Park: Airboat Tour & Wildlife Show- Take an airboat ride to tour through the National Park and see alligators, turtles, and more. To top off the experience, you can stay for a wildlife & alligator show to end the day. This makes for a fun-filled family day!
There is nothing like the outdoors, especially in Florida. Make the most of your days with these adventurous activities across the state with family and friends. You won’t regret it!
Want More Tips Designed For Floridians?
Check out our additional blog posts for tips, resources, and insurance facts.